History and Social Justice
Inspired by James W. Loewen, sociologist, historian, citizen.
Telling the truth about the past helps cause justice in the present. Achieving justice in the present helps us tell the truth about the past.
Ten Highlights of this Website
Don’t leave until you:
- Flunk the U.S. history quiz.
- Read the intro to Loewen’s bestseller, Lies My Teacher Told Me.
- Contemplate the Racism Curve
- Consider doing something to tell history better or to improve social justice today.
- Read Loewen’s complete opera libretto. It’ll make you cry.
- See the White Anti-Racist Hall of Fame.
- Look over your state on the Sundown Towns map.
- Enjoy the array of historical illustrations.
- Take the Loewen Low-IQ Test
- Laugh at a Vermont joke
“The Educators’ Cooperative”
January 25, 2021 in Nashville
discussion with teachers
“How History Keeps Us racist — And What To Do About It”
January 30, 2021 in Nashville
contact Greg O’Loughlin, greg -at- educatorscooperative.org
“Getting History Right, Not White”
February 6, 2021 at U. of Nebraska, Omaha
contact Omowale Akintunde, oakintunde -at- mail.unomaha.edu
February 19, 2021 at Ohio State U. Newark
contact Laura Walsh, walsh.276 -at- osu.edu